The Network of East Asian Think-Tanks (NEAT) Philippines, led by the Philippine Institute for Development Studies in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs- Office of ASEAN Affairs, Foreign Service Institute, and University of the Philippines-Asian Center, will be hosting the 34th NEAT Country Coordinators Meeting (CCM) on September 1, 2021, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm via Cisco Webex.
The 34th CCM will be attended by the Country Coordinators, Contact Persons, Working Group Representatives, Diplomats, and Members of the Academe from the ASEAN Plus Three (APT) Countries. The main agenda of this meeting is to discuss the results of the five (5) working groups (WGs), and draft a memorandum which will contain policy recommendations from the WGs to be submitted to the APT leaders who will meet in November 2021. Below are the details of the WGs:
- NEAT China - Climate Change and East Asian Sustainable Development
- NEAT Indonesia - ASEAN Plus Three and COVID-19 Pandemic: Countries’ Responses and Regional Cooperation
- NEAT Japan - Toward 2050 Carbon Neutrality in East Asia
- NEAT S. Korea - East Asia cooperation and Human Security in the Post Covid-19 Era
- NEAT Philippines - ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation on MSMEs: Accelerating Digital Adoption to Thrive in the New Normal
This is the second virtual CCM hosted by the Philippines this year. The Philippines hosted the 33rd CCM last April, and its working group meeting last July 2021.
For more information, you may visit the NEAT Website via this link https://neat.org.ph/.